Believe it or not it’s time to start thinking about submitting your beautiful photos for a chance to be featured in the 2022 Chappaquiddick Community Center Calendar!
Never participated? Learn more below …
The annual Chappy calendar is a project everyone affiliated with Chappaquiddick looks forward to. We are pleased to announce we will continue with this long standing tradition and will soon begin preparing to produce the 2022 calendar. It all starts with your photo submission!
We will be displaying all submitted photos beginning Thursday, August 12 at the wine tasting to begin voting. Please consider submitting your wonderful photo(s) of Chappaquiddick in its many moods and beautiful vistas by noon, Thursday, August 12 for a chance to be a winner in the annual photo contest. Overall 14 photo winners who will be featured (front/back cover & 12 months).
Guidelines For 2022 Calendar Photography Contest
- Photographs should be horizontal and close to 12 ̋ wide x 8 ̋ high. digital copies must be submitted along with the hard copy (file size must be at least 300 ppi 101⁄2 ̋ x 7 ̋)
- No more than three (3) submissions per person.
- Color photos only. (no black & white, framed or polaroid photos will be accepted.)
- Must have been taken on Chappy or be of Chappy. no photos of people or pets.
- Back of photo: your name, address, phone number, email, title of photo, the month and location it was shot. no names or identification should appear on the front of any photograph.
- Photographs previously submitted in past years’ contests will not be accepted.
- Submission deadline is Noon, August 12. The photographs will then be displayed in the Community Center for voting.
- Voting: one ballot per person. the photograph receiving the most votes will appear on the front cover of the 2022 calendar, and the photograph receiving the second-most votes will appear on the back cover.
- By entering this photography contest, you are agreeing to allow the Chappy Community Center to use your photograph in the upcoming 2022 calendar.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You must drop off hard copies of your named photos by noon August 12 so they can be displayed for voting. Your photo has not been officially entered until you do so. Good Luck!
Sales of the calendar are a major source of income applied to CCC operating expenses, therefore we are grateful to all who participate in the photo contest and purchase the calendar. We would like to thank our 2021 Calendar Advertisers and encourage you to support their businesses as well as encourage new advertisers for 2022.
Remember to follow these steps for your photo submission(s):
- Name your photo (for example, “Moonlight Over Chappy”)
- To be considered please send your high resolution, named photo to Chappyccenter@gmail.com by noon, August 12, 2021
- Drop hard copies off for the voting display by noon, August 12.
*If you have any questions please email us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
Winners will be announced the week of August 23, 2021. Good luck!